Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Undesirable changes, notification, shout box - 02/08/2009
I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I have observed some changes that I'm not happy about. For one thing, notices to me about things I need to do are now appearing in the shout box. I don't use the shout box; I don't have time. That wouldn't be quite so bad if it weren't the only place I'm sometimes getting notified, and it wouldn't be quite so bad if it didn't give an audible "wheeeom" when there is a notice. I keep the shout box hidden, but if I look at someone's profile, I can't hide it. That's very disruptive. I'm usually listening to music. It bothers other people in the room, too. If I'm resting, it could wake me up. I'd put it on a level with the popups that appear daily on my computer to update something or the other, that I can't shut off. My husband thought it was a virus! It took me awhile to figure out what was doing it. :(

The other issue is that I'm now getting emails that say there is a submission to a particular ring (or two) without any additional information. I usually use the link in the email to go to the ring (if it is provided; sometimes it's not). Having to hunt up the ring is more inconvenient. And I like to keep the description of the site on file in my email archive, and that information isn't there.

Thoughts? Am I out to lunch, or do other people agree with me?

Replied - 02/08/2009
At least you're open and constructive. We thought we had sent notice to 2.0s and helpers regarding the enhanced profile/alert settings and exploring them as we develop our new alert system. Either we didn't or you missed it.

Replied - 02/09/2009
Thank you for the kind words. I am not aware of having received any of this information. Someone said it was here in this forum, but I didn't see it here, either. I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the sound on the shout box, and the only way I can do it is to hide the shout box, but I can't do that on every page. Some pages don't have that option. People's profile pages don't. I spent quite a bit of time clicking on everything in sight having to do with my profile and settings, and didn't see the option to turn off sound anywhere.

The only page where I haven't looked is your blog. I don't look there regularly, either.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy