Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A Note on Pendings - 01/10/2009
For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bits of advice:

1. Sites should not be denied for lack of navigation code. They should be approved or denied based on content *only*. Being active or suspended after approval takes care of navigation code issues.

2. If it's not "your" ring please be extra sensitive with regard to item 1 above. Unless the content of the site is definitely off topic you may want to leave it for a member or the manager to decide.

3. If you encounter a site that IS off topic, or one in which you know of an even better ring, then you might consider contacting the member to let them know. Many new members don't know enough to look beyond the first ring they encounter.

Replied - 01/10/2009
Thanks for the tips! What I usually do is put the site on hold and ask them to install the navbar code. I tell them that when they do, I will activate their site. I give them a couple of months. If by the end of that time, they haven't done so, I deny the application. I don't know if the system finds this acceptable, but the way I figure it, if they haven't responded in that length of time, they probably won't, and it's a waste of time to activate and then suspend. If you think this unwise, please explain. I will change what I do if it seems wise.

Some people simply don't know about the navbars, and if they don't respond, I can't explain it. Some people seem to think it's like being on a toplist or something, where they will simply get hits because they're in the ring. I have found it incredibly difficult to explain webrings to some people.

Replied - 01/10/2009
Pat writes: "Some people simply don't know about the navbars, and if they don't respond, I can't explain it. Some people seem to think it's like being on a toplist or something, where they will simply get hits because they're in the ring. I have found it incredibly difficult to explain webrings to some people."

OK, creative types here's a challenge for you:

1. In 50 words (give or take) how would you define a webring? If this was the most inportant thing, well let's say this week - can't get too involved with ourselves :), what would you say?

2. Can you SHOW the world what a webring is? A picture is worth a 1000 words as they say. An animated gif, a sequence of stills, maybe.....

Don't post here. In fact, don't do anything just yet. We'll post a contest here shortly. What should be the prize and how should participants be rewarded, even if they don't win?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy