Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Management links - 01/01/2009
I just wanted to get your opinions. Which form of links do you prefer for managing your rings: top full, left site, what? I prefer left side because the print is larger. Since I have cataracts, sometimes I have difficulty seeing the small print. So let me know what your preferences are and why. Thanks!

Replied - 01/01/2009
patgoltz - Which form of links do you prefer for managing your rings: top full, left site, what?

Well, I certainly think your reasoning is sound. You need the larger font (thankfully my optical wireless mousie has a magnifying option in case I find myself in your position someday). However, I'm too lazy to scroll, so I like everything neat and in one place at the top. I might even have been the nitwit who ASKED for the links to be at the top oh so many years ago.

Replied - 01/01/2009
I just wanted to get your opinions. Which form of links do you prefer for managing your rings: top full, left site, what? I prefer left side because the print is larger. Since I have cataracts, sometimes I have difficulty seeing the small print. So let me know what your preferences are and why. Thanks!
= = = = = = =

Personally, I prefer fully customized navbars and links.

James S. Huggins

Replied - 01/02/2009
I think we may be ships passing in the dark. I'm talking about the links on the management pages. I set mine to go down the side because the print is larger.

I'll have my own design for a navbar eventually, but I'm still mulling it over. Artists have to plan carefully. :)

My highest priority right now is to do some preliminary work on new rings, with the ones most likely to be a problem coming first. This is probably a reason why abuse may have gotten a bunch of complaints. I still would like to delete some sites now and then, but most of that work has been done. I tend NOT to buy rings I think will require a major overhaul. I've done it a couple of times, but I don't like to do it. I feel strongly that one should not delete sites unnecessarily; it makes people feel bad and can be quite upsetting.

The other thing I'm working on at the moment is merging similar rings. I have been adopting rings with this specifically in mind. Quite often, there's a lot of duplication anyway. I got awarded a ring today that looks like every site is a duplicate in another ring. I try to be careful that the rings to merge are very similar. Once I get the merging done, then I work on other things, like logos and descriptions, and stuff like that. It's more systematic.

I pulled off all the logos for the moment. I decided to host them myself. And I want to enlarge the logos on the navbars anyway. So I'll be reworking all that.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy