Keeping on this thread...Some descriptions are "long". FILLED with JOIN instructions. If all you can say about the ring you are caretaker of is what you DON'T want in the ring rather than what IS IN the ring then it will be taken back. We can do a better job, and the MEMBERS DESERVE BETTER. Here are some automatic red flags:
1. Description has join instructions of ANY kind. Negative restrictions are far worse of couse.
2. Lack of Join instructions. We give you a full page to pontificate your wants and needs. Use it there, NOT in the description.
Note: Free managers may not have join instructions. SOrry, but still don't put them in the description.
3. Overly brief description. Seriously, can't write 100 words or so about the topic of the ring? You shouldn't be managing it.
4. Your name in title or description. Who honestly cares if "bob" manages anything? No one but bob. Use it and lose it.
5. "My WebRingd", "WebRing Homepage", and maangers generic sites anywhere near the top of the ring. If it isn't solidly on topic it doesn;t belong there. Who says your stuff is better than anyone else's?