Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 10 of 10
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Activity Points - 12/21/2008
Indeed. What are the current buzz-words? trsnaprancy and full disclosure. All good.

On a slightly different slant we are cautiously optimistic that the problem with APs and auctions may be resolved going forward. Something of a race condition/critial section issue that a serious CS student would learn about midway through studies. Learning about and recognizing when they come from disjoint directions (we rationalize in a desperate effort to protect fragile egos :) ) is another story. In any case, will monitor for awhile to see if this is indeed the gremlin sought.

Replied - 12/22/2008
I'm still getting the "outbid" when I outbid myself, and the "lost" on rings I have in my "portfolio". This is on my au list. And even though it says I was outbid, I'm getting the rings. I'm not seeing any other problems.

Comment and a question. Looks like you folks have fixed the "next" button on the sites list at the hub page. I haven't had any trouble for several days. I'll keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, good on you!

Question re SMS points. Can we get them converted to activity points? I have no use for them, because I don't use my cell phone that way. Thanks!

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy