Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Starting a new webring - 12/17/2008
Does anyone else get this message when they try to start a new webring:

Sorry, according to system records you have a Site with FAILing navigation code. Correct navigation code is vital to the proper functioning of the Ring(s) you belong to. We need to have you correct the problem(s) with any failing Site membership(s) you have before proceeding to create Rings. Using the Navigation Code Wizard can be very helpful in determining why a membership is FAILing, and you can get the proper navigation code from the Navigation Code Wizard results page as well. We apologize for this delay in creating a Ring but we hope you understand the importance of working navigation code.
Return to WebRing Home. Need Help?

I have spent HOURS trying to find the website with failing code! I recently documented the urls as I went through the process and sent them to Lisa. She didn't get the same results.

All my registered urls are passing. If they weren't I would be allowed to join webrings because I'd get the message about having a site with failing code.

Maybe the system people will notice this and figure out where the "failing website" is for me.

This is WHY I decided to adopt some webrings with just 1 or 2 so-called members. They usually just had some "junk website" that didn't belong in it anyway. That way, I don't feel I am changing the character of a webring. LOL. This is just a "work around the problem" solution for me.

Replied - 12/17/2008
Diana, if you look at your lefthand score on the right side of the rm page, which should normally read 100 all the way down, and you see that a ring is below 100, that COULD mean you have a failing site. Click on the number, and it will take you there.

The rub is that Pass-L sites will also lower the score. I have asked WebRing to fix it so that Pass-L sites don't do that, but so far, nothing has happened. It's a pain, because I have to check the rings with Pass-L sites to make sure that's the reason for the imperfect score. Doing that regularly is a real pain. WebRing has told me that it's satisfied if the score is 95 or above (I'm not), but this is still a problem.

It isn't that much of a problem to keep track of failing sites if you use that figure. Let me know if you have any questions.

What WebRing DOESN'T do is notify you when a site you suspended for failing fixes its navbar, so you can then reinstate it. After 14 days, the system will send you an email. But I'd rather know right away, and without visiting all the rings frequently, you can't know. When I suspend a site, I ask people to contact me when it's been fixed, but most never do.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy