Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Major Mistake on Auction Today - 12/03/2008
Hi:

I cannot believe I made a major mistake on an auction today. I was bidding on the Gerbil and Jird webring. I was raising my bid from 150 to 175 to try to meet the reserve price. Somehow my bid wound up as 1575 points.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY this could be changed for me? Stores and even some Ebay "buy it now auctions" allow returns in the event of mistakes.

Replied - 12/03/2008
$15.75 would buy a lot of gerbils. :-P

If your rep is unable to clear out that bid for you, it looks like you can Buy It Now for $3.00. Not a perfect answer, but still $12.75 then your outstanding bid.

Good luck with it.

Replied - 12/03/2008
That is indeed a LOT of gerbils. We fixed that for you. It does raise a minor issue. Bids are generally considered binding, BUT mistakes can be made. If so, don't panic. We'll be happy to help sort things out.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy