Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Too Many Webrings? - 12/02/2008
Dear "System"

"Webrings" is a hobby for me. I spend about 20 hours a week here. I get "paid" for my time with points.

You ask why so many hours? I'm mobility impaired and basically homebound most of the year (thanks to Michigan's long winters). I find webrings MUCH MORE interesting than watching the television with all its repetition. I've also found surfing webrings helps me find the best websites on the areas I'm continually researching BETTER than the search engines.

My "hobbies" are: rock/mineral/fossil collecting, pet birds, and gardening. Therefore, I am adopting as many webrings in those areas as possible (at least up to the 100 ring limit I've set for myself). I'm also adopting webrings dealing with senior citizens, and some specific diseases that my friends and family members are enduring.

I can assure you that I've got a definite plan in mind that I don't want to say here. If you are really concerned, email me privately and I'll explain further.

NOTE: The only time I got an email about managing a webring was after I had been hospitalized for a month from Sept 25 to October 21. The FIRST thing I did when I got back home was CHECK my webrings for problems, etc. Most websites are reviewed within a few hours of submitting their website BECAUSE I spend so much time on line. Webrings is my homepage.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy