Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

AOL/Homestead - 11/12/2008
I have just four sites beset with AOL troubles. I understand that they publicised six weeks before the final withdrawal, by windows on the site (upper one sixth of the windows), that the viewer cannot fail to see!
I attempted to e-mail the members, after 2 weeks and two weeks ago, but I was unsuccesful. Obviously AOL was unsuccessful too!
The two have been withdrawn from the Webring until they have e-mail me, telling what URL they have now...

Replied - 11/12/2008
actually, they gave notice as best they could. At least a month in advance, but seemingly more. They emailed everyone they could and posted it plainly on their site (even I found it and I've never used their site before looking for the announcement). But, as managers know, members are not the easiest creatures to reach. They often register valid, but abandoned email addresses. So messages pool there where they may never be seen. People change email addresses but forget to update all accounts. Some people just don't wish to be bothered with emails, no matter how relevant they may be. And many of the websites may have been abandoned some time ago.

Anyhow, I think they made the best effort they could. It's just too bad they couldn't give a bit MORE notice for those who had legitimate reasons for not being able to get their alerts quicker.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy