Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Assigning websites to subrings - 07/18/2008
Hi:

Since we can now create subrings, would someone post directions on how to assign a website to a subring? I've been waiting for about a week for Lisa to answer this and then got a message that she had been in accident.

I just want to get started BEFORE I ask more to join.

Thanking you in advance for your help! If these directions are posted somewhere, please tell us where!

dlpwriter
(Diana Pederson)

Replied - 07/19/2008
Once the subring is created you will see when you go to the manage members screen there two subring links/buttons for each subring created (sr1, sr2, etc). If you mouse over you'll see the title of that subring. One is to manage the other for adding to. To add, select sites to be placed in any given ring and press the desired subring button to add them in.
Once sites are in you can manage them via the manage link.

Replied - 07/19/2008
Here is my manage members page for Birds--All Species. I am NOT seeing what you describe anywhere. If I click on "subrings" it just takes me to a page that lets me create subrings. Nothing that lets me put a member in a subring.

http://f.webring.com/wrman?ring=birdys&manring

I've had this problem with Lisa before. She sees something different than I see. Why does this happen? Can you be a bit more specific about WHERE those two links for each subring are supposed to be?

Replied - 07/20/2008
ahh, seems lisa was signing in with a "superuser" password rather than yours. Try again.

Replied - 07/20/2008
It's really working now! Hurray.

Question: When I assign a website to a subring, does it get moved to the subring only or does it stay in the Birds--All Species general listing too?

Replied - 07/21/2008
Stays in the main ring. The subring doesn't really "exist" as a stand alone ring. That's the whole point - you only have to manage the sites in the main ring and the subrings will take care of themselves.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy