Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Refer Shoutbox - Missing Navbars - 07/13/2008
Hi - I'm not sure who responded to me in the shoutbox but one suggestion for forcing missing navbars to appear was to go through and make a change to the members details (without a change). I tried that and while I was there I went to look at their SSNB code and noticed there was no U# applied to it -

"http://ss.webring.com/navbar?f=l;y=;u="

That often happens when applying to a ring for the very first time and mismatched code appears.

Does that help at all? Will reordering stacks actually work if the membership doesn't have a stack number? Or does the system catch up on itself and fix it at anytime?

I know with mismatched code (the white box, blue text alert boxes) don't tend to correct themselves.

I tend to have to deny applications after getting the member to reorder their stacks and waiting for 24 hours and them still not appearing. Naturally when they are asked to reapply most don't bother which is annoying to say the least.

I can't say for sure if the U number is always missing with this problem as I've not really studied it.

Replied - 07/14/2008
Okay, the U# number has now appeared but the navbars are still missing.

Replied - 07/14/2008
Doesn't matter. Andea is sorting it out for me via the shoutbox.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy