Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Sub Webrings - 06/23/2008
This message is for "System"

In a previous post you mentioned the Wine Lovers webring, which I visited.

On the top right of the web page you have 2 (sub)webrings listed.

How do I add code like that to my webring "home" page???

Thanks,
Jim

Replied - 06/23/2008
AT present the subring setup is restricted to being done by support staff, BUT that is ending shortly. Then it will be available to 2.0 members certainly, probably for "graanfathered" 1.0 managers as well. Not certain on that point.

Replied - 06/23/2008
Thank you....

Replied - 06/24/2008
The ability to create a manage subrings has been opened up to 2.0 managers. Some advice:
The subring should be topically more specific (i.e., if you ring is about golden retrievers, some ideas might be conformation grs, agility grs, grs in spain, etc.). The specific topic should have enough sites that match to be a viable ring (3+) and specific enough that most of the main ring sites don't match. It's not intended to be a way of replicating identical rings....

The subring creation screen is not exactly elegant, just functional. You can edit other subring titles/descriptions, etc. once created. If you get stuck, please ask for help.

Replied - 06/24/2008
Two questions. Do you have FAQ about it? Does it cost anything, money or credits, to set up subrings? Thanks!

Replied - 06/24/2008
It's free. No Faq at present. Possibly your 2.0 rep has something. I'll check, but I'd encourage you to as well :)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy