Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 17 - 18 of 18
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Suggestions - Search Engine Friendly Title, Keywords, Description - 02/03/2008
I am sorry I spoke so rudely. I do feel strongly that validating at least to the minimum standards of a body as well-recognized as the w3c is important for cross-browser compatibility, search engine spiders and most of all for accessibility issues. Even if you don't validate to w3c standards (which are the most commonly used and have been for some time), if you would validate to ANY standards and include the doctype it would be a wonderful thing.

Replied - 02/04/2008
no offense taken. and you read more into our answer than maybe was there. We do not disagree with standards. We take issue with people demanding that we turn on their time/dime to achieve them. We have, from time to time, made parts of the system comply. As standards shift - odd that standards would shift, but whatever - we fall out of copliance. Also, as we make changes - with coders of tender years and great enthusiasm, or ripe years and older habits, pages drift away. Current standards are *heavy* on invisible "documentation" (not to make light of it, but basically the opening text tends to say "this is a webpage" when clearly one is surfing TO a webpage. Our standard makers nevr attended a course in information theory . But that is a topic for another discussion).

In any case, review of HTML generation is (somewhere) on the todo list for 2008. We'll no doubt snuggle up to standards yet again.

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy