Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Number of websites withing webring - 01/01/2008
Hello:
brbrbrLet me ask a slightly different question. Last night I came across a webring with over 300 members. I seriously doubt anyone besides a ring manager would take the time to surf through that many websites.
brbrbrWhat is a reasonable number of websites to connect with a webring? I am asking this because I am trying to determine how many websites I will attempt to add to my indoor gardening webring and possibly to my lineolated parakeet webring.
brbrbrI also manage a group of webrings jointly with Lisa, my account representative because I am a 2.0 member. I am looking at each of those rings (some are very redundant) and try ing to determine what size I want to "grow" them to before deciding another ring is really needed.
brbrbrNOTE: I stopped surfing the 300 member one once I got to a website and couldn't find that webring listed anywhere on the website.

Replied - 01/01/2008
I really don't think there should be a limit to the number of members of a webring. The lack of a navbar IS a problem. A good ringmaster/ringmistress gets on top of this relatively quickly. But a person is free NOT to surf the entire ring if they don't want to. But the members are there if they DO want to. If you have a good webring, people will want to join. Sometimes it is beneficial to belong to a large one, sometimes a smaller one. I like to do both. The important thing is to keep the sites relevant.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy