Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Visible Navbars - 11/12/2007
Just wondering why the ring being surfed isn't the one visible these days? Seems the first on the stack is always showing regardless of what ring one arrives on.

Replied - 12/20/2007
We thought we'd answered this, but probably did so with a question of sorts....

We do not seem to be able to easily replicate your issue. As you might imagine the system "knows" which ring is being navigated through a cookie. If the cookie is not present for some reason then it falls back to the default which is the top one.

If you can outline a repeatable situation then we can delve into it more.

Replied - 12/20/2007
It seems to happen with any ring I am on. As far as I know my cookies are fine so I'm not sure what to say. I use two different computers with different versions of Windows and the same thing on both, it is always the first navbar on the stack that shows. Previously to this suddenly happening some time ago I always saw the navbar of the ring being surfed with either PC.

Replied - 12/22/2007
I have noticed a problem with the webring that is on top at times, but I have been unable to put my finger on it at all. I have seen no pattern. I fixed all my webring cookies by putting in an entry that says .webring.com allow. I stopped having problems then. I can't say it had any effect on this problem, though.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy