Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Elimination of iframes from Yahoo! Groups - 03/28/2007
Dear WebRing Members and Managers with web sites posted in Yahoo! Groups,

You should have received communication from Yahoo! Groups announcing that they are eliminating iframes from their Groups pages (see http://blog.360.yahoo.com/y_groups_team). This means:

The WebRing NavBar can not appear in your Yahoo! Groups description.
You can not promote your group within WebRing using SSNB.
You can not use an image map using HTML.
You can not get to Yahoo! Groups through WebRing.

To continue receiving all of your WebRing benefits we recommend you:
Set up a new web page for your WebRing NavBar.
Begin using WebRing Forums for your messages.

Should you have any questions on how the iframe changes at Yahoo! Groups affects your WebRing participation, please contact us using the drop down menu in the Help section. Please pick the topic "I can't get my site to PASS".

Sincerely,
WebRing Member Services

Replied - 03/28/2007
I've been trying to get someone to talk to me since the 13th but you just don't seem to care.
How do I go about getting my funds returned? There is a balance of nearly $12 that is due me.

Replied - 03/30/2007
You say Elimination, but a help frame, http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/messages/messages-28.html
details several tags WHICH are allowed!

Surely we could arrange the html "version" of the navpanel which use the allowed tags? Certain sites use a navpanel that are arranged to duplicate the SSBB which have been (The "here" tag in the line which contains every webring that a site belongs to?)

We have a Yahoo group that prospective members with The New Millennium Acrobatics webring, but I cant understand the details which you have just published.
David

Replied - 04/03/2007
Yes, you can still use the HTML version of the navbar (assuming that the ring manager has not customized the navbar to include any tags not allowed by Y!Groups). Keep in mind though that the average navbar is HTML form will take up between 1300 and 1400 of your 2000 character limit to describe your Yahoo!Group. This means that each Group can only be a member of one Ring.

WebRing

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy