Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Disturbing Email - 01/17/2007
Today I received an email message claiming to be from WR support requesting that a site be added to one of my rings. Below is the text of the email:

"Hi there, I see that you manage the southeastern real estate Ring. I work for WebRing and I have been in contact with a WebRing member who would like to join this ring. I have checked out his site and to me it MORE than qualifies him to be part of the Ring. He has done an EXCELLENT job with his site AND the navbar! I am going to suggest to him to re-submit his site to your ring, and I am going to STRONGLY suggest to you that you accept his site. Hi site url is: www.*edited*.com

Thank you,
WebRing Support"

Again, this is either a desperate attempt by a member to join a ring or I get the impression that WR doesn't have faith in my judgement as a manager.

If, in fact, it IS the latter and came from WR, the member's site does NOT meet the requirements of this ring as it is a national site. This ring is designed for only southeastern local listings. If I start accepting any national site that came along, then it wouldn't be the " ***Southeastern*** Real Estate Websites" webring. Should the current site be resubmitted, it will be denied as before with the same explanation I gave the first time around.

If, however, the email did NOT come from WR support (and I hope this is the case), please disregard my vent. :-)

JB

Replied - 01/18/2007
(quote) This ring is designed for only southeastern local listings. If I start accepting any national site that came along, then it wouldn't be the " ***Southeastern*** Real Estate Websites" webring. Should the current site be resubmitted, it will be denied as before with the same explanation I gave the first time around. (/quote)

Are you quoting the "national" webring?
I ask, as I have received "foreign" prospective members from a "U.K. only" ring!
You have to quote alternative rings if you want to hinder this effect!
I should send a copy of the reply email to the "webring support" which you say emailed you!
Some people never learn, however, and send email after email!!!!

Replied - 01/20/2007
WebRing support staff should *not* be lobbying managers to accept sites. For any reason really. We have increased the number of support people recently and they are learning, but they're not perfect yet. We aplogize for any interference and want you to know you don't have to accept sites because we say so - because we shouldn't say so.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy