Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Lets work togerther to make better rings - 11/25/2006
Have you ever considered a system for "rating" sites? It would be very helpful for me to know (at a glance...from my ring management page) how many rings each site belongs/has applied to. Also, showing how much traffic each site is generating would be more helpful on the ring management page, rather than a seperate drill down page.

I still remain a strong advocate of giving the community managers the ability to merge and split rings easily. I also realize that tools that facilitate this would need to govern what can/can't be done when doing so. (I also think there is a good case to be made for putting a cap on the maximum number of sites in a single ring...but thats a matter that is probably best put up for debate among the managers)

Tools that help managers make better decisions are a win/win for all.

Regards,

njjimf

Replied - 11/27/2006
All good ideas. The rating of ring and sites by users is in the works. also a means of reporing missing/altered/ihdden navigation code.

stats on management pages for managers to use makes sense as well

splitting and merging is coming. Right now we have a merge function that our support staff is using to tackle the adoptable rings. A split utility is coming along. For the near term we'll probably ask managers to submit requests so it can be reviewed first. As we get a better handle on things - including the intentions and abilities of managers these somewhat powerfull functions will probably be added to the toolset of some managers

Replied - 11/28/2006
system. splitting and merging is coming. Right now we have a merge function that our support staff is using to tackle the adoptable rings. A split utility is coming along.

Then why have you taken away the very link that was facilitating ring mergers and ring splitting? To manage my rings effectively I do need a link to transfer individual memberships. All very well suggesting that we go through support whilst you consider something else in the interim but this method will definitely be slow, and lead to the deletion of more memberships than necessary.

Replied - 11/28/2006
That link was there to assign unmigrated sites from the yahoo days (2001) to IDs when members created WbeRing User IDs. It was never intended to allow managers to move sites belonging to existing members from one ring to another. It may have worked well for this latter purpose, granted.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy