Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Loyal ring managers - part 2 - 11/25/2006
Item 3; (copy/paste) "Unfortunately in the third item you switch from listening and responding to members to "going for our money and nothing else". We would prefer posts that are less negative and spark thoughtful debate."

OK, guilty! However, I think I have reason, as did a lot of WR members who no longer even check the forums out - or if they do, they no longer write-in. Yes, I'll grant that there most likely were/are a lot of poor rings - a couple of mine weren't the best either, but they were designed for specific purposes and it wasn't to make money, it was to bring like-minded websites together in a group. Your original affiliate pages made what are in effect VAST changes to your terms of service and conditions policies - the most glaring and "emotional" of these being the huge cut in "what's allowed" for whichever level, even the highest meant that there were apparently a fair number of people whose number of rings simply couldn't exist anymore as theirs. This is where I think you lost most people.

Then, after the massive amount of angry feedback - a lot of it being rather abusive toward you AND I'D LIKE TO SAY HERE THAT I THINK YOU ABSORBED THE ABUSE RATHER WELL, YOU DIDN'T DESERVE IT. However, right after that angry feedback the affiliate program changed again, but many were apparently already gone. Now, it's changed yet again - the 3rd major change of policy in 3 months.

As I review past posts, as the changes progressed there were people who *DID* put money into the WR system (at different times, under different promises/programs) and it apparently disappeared. I ask you, what's the point of putting money into a program if that program is going to disappear and the money goes into a "black hole"? What's the point of putting money into this new program, if RECENT history tells us that it's also somewhat likely to disappear and the new money will go into a black hole?

It doesn't matter, really, to me. I simply don't have the money available to put into this, nor am I likely to in the very near future.

WR, I thank you for letting me vent this. There's so much more that I want to say, but I'd just put you to sleep if I did - so I'll hold off. I'm going to write a 3rd post tonight, but it's going to be specific questions that I'd like specific answers to, if you would.

Dave

Replied - 11/27/2006
As I review past posts, as the changes progressed there were people who *DID* put money into the WR system (at different times, under different promises/programs) and it apparently disappeared.

No money has disappeared on purpose. If someone's account is in error due to some technical issue they have only to ask us to help resolve the problem.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy