Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Thank you, WebRing! - 11/21/2006
I just read the updated transition page at http://n.webring.com/h/transition and I LIKE what I SEE!!!

Thank you for this change and thank you for listening!

JB

Replied - 11/21/2006
= = = = = = = = = =
Thank you, WebRing! - atlringmaster
reply I just read the updated transition page at http://n.webring.com/h/transition and I LIKE what I SEE!!!

Thank you for this change and thank you for listening!

JB
= = = = = = = = = =

I like it better.

I only wish there were a way to "go back", so that the loyal members and ringmasters who believed the first announcement would not be punished for their belief.

As I sit, I wonder how many reluctantly cared for their memberships and their webrings by sorrowfully giving them away, spending the time, hours and emotional energy which would no longer be required.

Are there any plans to do so?

Are there any plans to offer the webrings BACK to those who adopted them out because they believed it necessary?

It would be, in my opinion, a good thing.

James S. Huggins

to contact me:
http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 11/21/2006
James writes:
‘I only wish there were a way to "go back", so that the loyal members and ringmasters who believed the first announcement would not be punished for their belief…Are there any plans to offer the webrings BACK to those who adopted them out’

We do not agree with the perception that these were "loyal members who were punished", and feedback from users supports this. These were ordinary people who panicked, overreacted and took action without taking the time to consider the natural consequences.

Not far behind the “keep it free” comments were the group that consists of:

1. Rings are terribly managed. The sites in them have nothing to do with the topic of the ring.
2. Too many rings on the same topic with the same sites in them.
3. Ring managers never respond when I try to contact them.
4. Ring managers never process my applications.

Behind that were responses saying the system was difficult to understand, navbars hard to place on pages, I’d be willing to pay if the rings were better, etc.

Is the overall health of the system better or worse than it was a month ago? We believe better. We are now immersed in the process of cleaning up thousands of mismanaged rings, consolidating duplicates, splitting into new rings where needed. The task is daunting - mainly because so many members had/have sites in rings they shouldn't be in, and so many ring managers managed their rings too carelessly.

So we are taking action on all those issues. This does not, emphatically, involve returning badly managed rings to poor managers. We will FINISH the cleaning, consolidating, and splitting before looking to find interested new managers. We believe that truly interested and motivated members and managers will benefit.

Replied - 11/21/2006
= = = = = = = = = =
We do not agree with the perception that these were "loyal members who were punished", and feedback from users supports this. These were ordinary people who panicked, overreacted and took action without taking the time to consider the natural consequences.
= = = = = = = = = =

Your posting SEEMS (but perhaps I misread it) to imply that every single ringmaster who moved on was somehow guilty of the litany of actions you deem undesirable.

My belief is that in that group some were not guilty.

Perhaps that is where we disagree.

You seem to focus on the large benefit you perceive from the departure of those.

While I can understand your feelings, I suppose I focus on the few who I know were loyal and caring but who left, less out of ideological disagreement, but more out of (perceived) financial imperative. For those I grieve.

James S. Huggins
to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 11/24/2006
James, I'm with you. I, among many others, am one of those who DON'T make the money necessary to simply throw on another expense to my house-budget - - so I had to give up several rings that I created and have run for many years, just to keep within WebRing's stated requirements.

Now they're gone to me.

Sure, I'd like them back to keep them running AS I ORIGINALLY DESIGNED THEM TO RUN, NOT AS WEBRING THINKS THEY SHOULD BE RUN, but I've pretty much already given up on WR so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Here's my take on what WR has done to us;
1. put the "requirements" where only those who can make money for WR will/can stay with the system - make everyone else leave or lose their work in some other fashion.
2. take away most of everyone elses work anyway - hence, YOUR (James's) loss of so many rings that you managed.
3. wait until everyone who disagrees with THE KING is gone
4. put a lot of dressing on your page (WR's page), along with a lot of propoganda, and then go back to more or less what it was.

My rings are gone to me. The one ring that I've been trying to adopt for over a year now is still loaded with sites that have no business being there, and Frank In Support - who promised to get back to me over 4 months ago - still hasn't and probably won't.

Yeah, I'm not only mad and disappointed, I've pretty much given up on WR and have formed new rings in another system. They're growing slowly - a lot slower than I hoped, but growing. I'll stay with them, thanks.

One other item - not that it's all that important anymore; for us "level 1" folk, there isn't even a link on the WR page anymore for WR-email. If I didn't already have my own "favorites" link I have no idea how I'd ever get to my WR e-mail.

All y'all who DO have the $$$ to stay with this, I wish you well.

WebRing; where the rich folk stay.

Dave

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy