Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Have you really thought about this? - 11/22/2006
Not to give you a hard time, but have you really thought this through? Now Level One members are not going to be eligible to earn money for featured sites.

So let's take a bunch of ring owners that have one or two ring. Chances are they're not going to become Level 2 members. But before they had the option to feature sites. You took half of that money. Chances are they were using the half that was left to feature their rings. Now they won't have income from featured sites - and you won't have income from collecting the money for them AND you won't have money for them featuring their one or two rings.

To feature one ring I have to make $5 a month from the ring...$2.50 went to you for collecting the money. The other $2.50 was going to you to list my ring at the top of it's category and list it in 4 other categories.

Now you've got $0 because I'll have $0.

Like I said, not rying to make your day difficult. Just trying to understand.

Replied - 11/22/2006
You don't seem to have read the page
http://dir.webring.com/h/transition
You do NOT have to pay to keep your ring, or to feature sites on it. As an "old" manager your rings are grandfathered in.

Please read that page again and see if this clears up the misunderstanding.

Replied - 11/22/2006
The point wasn't that I had to pay to keep my rings or to feature sites in it. I got that part.

The point was this "Community Managers with WebRing 1.0 Memberships are not elligible to earn income."

Now off on and I have members of my rings ask to be featured. This is how I pay to feature the ring and list it in additional categories.

Are we grandfathered in for being eligible to charge members a fee to feature them in our rings? Or do we become ineligible to earn this money?

Replied - 11/22/2006
You are eligible for the rings that already exist in your account to feature sites, customize navbars, feature in directory, etc.

new rings under 1.0 status will have that reduced in order to limit the amount of time we spend supporting it.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy