Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Which is the best option? - 10/29/2006
My current WebRing Stats: 36 Rings/ 132 memberships/ 3 featured rings.

Total membership: 36 yearly fee. Over the ring limit, 6 dollars (1$ per a ring), 8.10 (.10$ per a membership). Featured Ring charges 36 dollars (1$ per a ring, per a month).

Total?

86.10 cents for me to do webring.com per a year.

How much is it to host a domain, and my own webrings, in which I will own without lossing them at someone's choice or descretion?

75 dollars (including domain name).

Which is really the better option? Webring or my own?

Replied - 10/29/2006
= = = = = = = = = =
How much is it to host a domain, and my own webrings, in which I will own without lossing them at someone's choice or descretion?

75 dollars (including domain name).
= = = = = = = = = =

Perhaps even cheaper.

http://1and1.com has a $36 per year account that will support up to twenty (20) individual domain names and their individual websites.

And http://NameCheap.com will get you domain names for $8.88 per year.

James S. Huggins
to contact me
http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 10/29/2006
I really like were I'm hosting through though. Minus at times a bit of a language barrier, the tech support for where I host through is GREAT. I mean, seriously, as little as I really know about making sites, its easy to use and do.

plus, they permit hosting up to 25 domains without any additional charges. And the bandwitch and over all storage space, I'm not even using 5% of either. YET.

:)

Now just to figure out which ring system I like. :)

Replied - 10/29/2006
Or hosting at one of the many Ringlink-run hosts out there?

$0

Replied - 10/30/2006
Very tempting for that, but seriously, after being a member through webrings hosted through here and yahoo.com (when it was a part of that), I lost faith and trust in any corporation/or party actually hosting it.

I made webrings. I made the images for them. I worked to build them up. I now have to pay for them. Yet, at any time, at webrings discretion, they can delete it or change ownerships.

Why risk going through that with someone else?

Not to mention, premium member two webring member, I donít have a very good support representative if they canít even email back within a week.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy