Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

2nd try - 10/15/2006
Here is my second attempt. Please tell me where I missed the mark.

REFERENCES

http://dir.webring.com/h/level1
http://dir.webring.com/h/level2
http://dir.webring.com/h/transition

CALENDAR

1) Now

* If you sign up now (before 15.Jan.2007) there won't be any overage charges for webring ownership or memberships over the limits

2) 15.Jan.2007

* Members must choose a membership level (Free, Premium 1, Premium 2)

* Premium 2 price increases from $24/year to $36/year

* Premium 1 price increases from $10/year to $12/year

* The early sign up incentive ends

* It appears that free members lose their excessive webrings and memberships at this point, however this is not clear. The site says "You will retain the top 2 rings and top 5 sites on your My Accounts page." It is unclear whether "top 2" and "top 5" means alphabetically, or by some other criteria. If alphabetically, it may behoove ringmasters to name their most precious webrings using a scheme (e.g., special characters) that will control which webrings are "lost".

01.Jan.2008

* Overage charges start for excessive webring ownership or memberships

MEMBERSHIP LEVELS

Free

* $0.00
* 2 webrings
* 5 memberships

Level 1

* $12.00/year

* 10 webrings included, then $1.00/year for the next 40, then $2.00 per year per webring (NB: over 40, you should create another account which you get a 10% discount for)

* 15 memberships included, then $0.10/year per membership

Level 2

* $36.00 per year

* 30 webrings included, then $1.00/year for next 30, then $2.00/year per webring (NB: it is unclear whether another account is permitted)

* 50 memberships included, then $0.10/year per membership

Running Out of Money

If you run out of money, and don't fix it ..."You will retain the top 2 rings and top 5 sites on your My Accounts page." It is unclear whether "top 2" and "top 5" means alphabetically, or by some other criteria. If alphabetically, it may behoove ringmasters to name their most precious webrings using a scheme (e.g., special characters) that will control which webrings are "lost".

James S. Huggins
http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 10/15/2006
Could it be that "top 2" or "top 5" mean those rings with the highest membership? Do you suppose it's possible that webring is going to tell us what it means?

Grandma

jliilj wrote:

* It appears that free members lose their excessive webrings and memberships at this point, however this is not clear. The site says "You will retain the top 2 rings and top 5 sites on your My Accounts page." It is unclear whether "top 2" and "top 5" means alphabetically, or by some other criteria. If alphabetically, it may behoove ringmasters to name their most precious webrings using a scheme (e.g., special characters) that will control which webrings are "lost".

Replied - 10/16/2006
With regard to alphabetizing ring names and sites in order to preserve the "best" ones...

If you're going to that trouble why not prune out the "not best" ones. BUT, to address the issue:

First, why should we take any trouble if the member doesn't care to? The answer is that WE care, so we will make an effort to prune in a way that preserves the best results for the member. If they belong to 8 rings and want to stay free we will attempt to remove the 3 worst performing memberships (by traffic). If they manage 4 rings and must unload two, we'll probably adopt out the two lowest traffic, or smallest, rings. Either method has it's merits.

we will NOT remove alphabetically or employ any other method that does not at least try to maximize the membership for the member.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy