Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 12 of 12
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

They asked us long ago - 10/10/2006
“we have put off imposing fees for "excess" sites/rings through the end of 2007”-----

So does this mean, users who decide to remain at the free level won’t have to limit what they do, until at the end of 2007? Or was this over the limit fee waved just for those who selected to go to the premium levels?

Replied - 10/10/2006
A couple of the last posts suggest confusion, so we'll keep posting until there is none.

On http://dir.webring.com/h/transition it says in red type:

"Sign up between now and January 15, 2007 and WebRing will waive the $1 per year, per ring over allowed limits in Premium Level 1 and Premium Level 2 memberships. This applies to the 10 cent/year site overage charges as well, and will last through December 31, 2007. So, you can sign up now and not worry about any additional charges for over 15 months!"

Hopefully this addresses the concerns of the last few posts regarding what was eligible (all rings and sites over the mac for level 1 and level 2 memberships) and when you have to decide by (Jan 15, 2007) and how long it lasts (through 12/31/2007).

Replied - 10/10/2006
= = = = = = = = = =
A couple of the last posts suggest confusion, so we'll keep posting until there is none.

On http://dir.webring.com/h/transition it says in red type:

"Sign up between now and January 15, 2007 and WebRing will waive the $1 per year, per ring over allowed limits in Premium Level 1 and Premium Level 2 memberships. This applies to the 10 cent/year site overage charges as well, and will last through December 31, 2007. So, you can sign up now and not worry about any additional charges for over 15 months!"

Hopefully this addresses the concerns of the last few posts regarding what was eligible (all rings and sites over the mac for level 1 and level 2 memberships) and when you have to decide by (Jan 15, 2007) and how long it lasts (through 12/31/2007).
= = = = = = = = = =

So, if I am understanding you ...

1. It does not apply to people who sign up to be free members

2. Between now and 31.Dec.2007, you can belong to just as many webrings and you can run just as many webrings, in Level 1 as you can in Level 2.

James S. Huggins

Replied - 10/14/2006
I think I voted 'no', since I was unemployed at the time. I might have paid if given time to determine what ot keep and whether it would be worth it.

====================================================
Siobhanwrote: For the record, I've been weeding out my site memberships and empty rings (a number of rings that I've managed only had 2 or 3 sites anyway, I had adopted them intending to fix them up and promote them, but don't think I'll do that now), but I'm going to hold off on deleting anything until the last minute, hoping that Webring will re-consider some of the limitations. At that point, I'll decide for myself whether it's worth paying for or not.
=======================================================

I had started doing that in the beginning of my start as a manager. There were many rings for adoption (abandoned) and were duplicates. WEbring allowed it but also discourage it by banning the adoption of more rings. It seemed silly to me to say that no ring could be deleted, even one you created yourself. It also seemed wasteful to keep rings that were so similar that the memberships were the same sites.

All of a sudden Webring decides that deleting duplicate sites is a good idea and is promoting uniqueness - not a bad idea. I would have gladly reduced the load, if given sufficient time to do so. The number of rings per manager seems so low.

I decided that it wasn't worth merging if the sites would be deleted and on what date - Oct 15 or Jan 15?

Maybe it should be 5 sites per URL?

I don't know anymore.

Anne

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy