Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Banners Not Showing On Level 2 Accounts - 10/08/2006
On the reine_astrid account which is registered to my partner the banners are no longer showing after having being upgraded to a "premium level 2" account, yet we are still being charged for them.
Please WebRing would you kindly fix this one.
Regards
Emma

Replied - 10/10/2006
Logging in to the account I see some rings with ad code in the box, but the checkbox to actually show them is not checked?? Can you write directly to support (your rep) regarding this? identify which ring(s) you're looking at specifically. if it's all then say that as well.

Replied - 10/12/2006
system. Thanks for going in and taking a look but soon after reporting that glitch it was noted that you propose to start charging $2.00 per 1000 impressions from November 1st. This is quite a jump from $0.25 cents per 1000 impressions and as such it is no longer viable to use this part of the service. Nearly every ring that is being managed here was carrying banner advertising which unfortunately is having to be cancelled because of the proposed cost.

Whilst I think limiting memberships is a positive step forward in reducing ring spam and unnecessary duplication and this part of your proposals will definitely be of immense benefit to us all, I do think that the charges you are starting to levy on ringmasters forms part of a very ill conceived plan which stands to breed a lot of discontentment amongst us all for a very long time to come.

Replied - 10/12/2006
Ah, Emmajones, are the lights going on at last???? :)))

$2 per 1000 - what's that, an 800% increase over .25C? Sorry, math is not my area of expertise... And webring pay Premium Level 2 managers .10C per new member? I get the distinct impression that there will be a small number of ring managers fighting each other for an even smaller number of new members.

If I was wavering before over whether or not to stay, I think your message just pushed me (and a few others) over the edge!

ms_c....happy and FREE!!!

Replied - 10/12/2006
GEEZ! Thank you for pointing out that price jump. That one I missed!

Iím gonna go ahead and remove it now, since in all honesty paying 2$ per 1000 views, Iíd end up paying 21 dollars a month for just one webring. It was worth it when it was about 2.50 a month but its not worth 21 dollars a month. My reasoning is, that would be 210 dollars a year, and thatís a lot more than Iím paying for web hosting on 11 domains.

Then again, it also says the ďfeature webringĒ costs would be 50 cents per a month. But Iím still paying a dollar.

:(

Replied - 10/13/2006
mrs_c ...Ah, Emmajones, are the lights going on at last???? :)))

Maybe or maybe not, I think a total purge of the system is long overdue and there will be positive benefits for all with the removal of the long stacks. As I've said before I have put the financial considerations to one side for the time being and choose to put my members first, but $2.00 now and soon to rise $4.00 - $5.00 for 1,000 banner impressions is way too expensive and I have had to withdraw from using this part of the service.

Replied - 10/13/2006
Actually charging those that want to suppress Goggle Ads $2.00 makes more sense then charging people to be members.

WebRing no doubt misses out on more then $2.00 per 1,000 impressions from Google - not to mention the money paid for the clicks they might get if those ads are displayed. Perhaps if they charged the same amount from the start for suppressing ads they wouldn't be demanding paid memberships now.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy