Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

WebRing's New Affiliate Program Really Pays Big ! - 10/10/2006
Today i received my first big compensation payment under WebRing's new affiliate program which I did nothing to opt into.

I want to share my recent notice of the payment to me by WebRing so you can see how this new idea is really working;

"Hello lazarst,

We're just letting you know that we've credited your account 0.02 because at least one new qualifying member has signed up for WebRing through your website and has become active in a ring.
You can view your account balance and a report of any charges and credits from your "My Account" page...

...We're doing this as a "thank you" for bringing truly new members into the WebRing Community, and to give you motivation/incentive to reach out for other new members."

In my opinion this windfall doesn't even come close to paying for my time in deleting the huge volume of deletion, up for adoption and angry emails from members that i am currently receiving from in my WebRing email account.

On another note: Today GM has announced that all of it's employees must now pay for the privilrdge of working for them... It seems that this new idea of WebRing is catching the eye of the corporate world.

Lazarst

Replied - 10/10/2006
"In my opinion this windfall doesn't even come close to paying for my time in deleting the huge volume of deletion, up for adoption and angry emails from members that i am currently receiving from in my WebRing email account. "

Perhaps not. On the other hand, it does suggest that not many new members are seeking out the more than 200 rings you manage, and you must not be seeking new members yourself. Which is ok, if you choose not to participate, that is certainly your decision. The money will be made when and if you decide to actively seek new members to join your rings.

Replied - 10/10/2006
"System"

Like i said, all my time these days is consumed reading and responding to the huge numbers of WebRing emails I am getting from people that are dissatisfied with your new policy. Most of us managers have little time for anything else these days thanks to your mismanagement. And I dare say that over the years I have brought more new members to WebRing than all of you. I like many other managers have spent as much or more time then you promoting the system and we now see how much that means to you all.

Why would I want to bring anyone into this mess of myoptic micromismanagement and nearsighted new policies?

You are forcing a multitude of members out of my sites and you want to berate me for not being motivated to seek new members?

Have you folks ever considered reality therapy?

lazarst

Replied - 10/11/2006
Are payoffs no longer going to be for new urls aka memberships into the webrings? Its now just new accounts/members?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy