Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 14 of 14
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Over-reaction, Hi Richard! - 10/06/2006
emmajones,

Just one question: Do you walk to school or carry your lunch?

Lazarst

Replied - 10/06/2006
Hiyas emmajones , I never expected something like this to happen, but I do think the changes are needed and warranted. You said that “have been operating restrictive policies such as single membership only, or HTML only, and on other rings limiting members to only holding three memberships, or on other rings only including their sites if my nav bar appears at the top of stack.”. I was wondering, since you have already been doing it, did you notice any remarkable changes from these policies? Why have you kept up with them when at the previous time, it may seem beneficial to go the other way, with unlimited memberships, etc. Any advice in others who are now going to be looking at a new 5 free membership limitation?

Replied - 10/06/2006
Umm, lazarst those whole comments about if someone walks to school or carries a lunch has nothing whatsoever to do with the webring topics and policy changes.

The mass amount of ring adaptations that people are receiving, is really no fault of webring. It’s the responsibility of the ring manager to promote their webrings and get new visitors and try to find ways to keep them active. If a webring isn’t and its of no use to people, I can easily see why people would put it up for adoption, though much preferably, it should be deleted.

Webrings that don’t offer new users, new sites, traffic, or even anyone who uses the ring for going next, back, etc… have nothing to offer anyone. Its only a waste of space and resources that could be put better use to those of us, who have active usable webrings. Not to mention, it’s a waste of money for those who were supporting the bill for so long. Why pay for something people aren’t using?

In any case, I seriously doubt you are receiving hundreds of emails from people who dislike the new services. If they can take time to send you an email, why not have them post it on the general forums where their complaints might actually be heard by webring and serve a purpose.

In any case, I can’t help but agree with emmajones’s comments of “If you are losing every ring or nearly every ring that you manage then that is down to bad planning on your part and you have no-one else to blame except yourself.”

The new webring system is not set up that you have to pay these “fees” up front and with a check or money order from your personal account/bank. Its set up, that you can promote your site and you earn money from new users to your webrings. If you don’t have new users, you will earn no credits… Secondly, you also have the option for people to pay to have their sites featured and now the affiliation process..

Rather than put so much time in crying, ranting, raving, and insulting people on forums… you might do better if you actually promoted your webrings and conducted a more orderly manner in dealing with new changes.

Replied - 10/06/2006
I'm not clear if this was directed at me, the beginner of this thread topic, or at Richard, but I haven't heard anyone make such silly comparisons. WebRing has the right to do whatever they want to, its their company. Those of us who have used their services for many years also have a right to comment on these changes. Its called free speach.
As for "collecting rings," this is a part of why WebRing has existed up until now. It existed to link related sites, the more the merrier. Why is this a problem?

Replied - 10/06/2006
RE: "Umm, lazarst those whole comments about if someone walks to school or carries a lunch has nothing whatsoever to do with the webring topics and policy changes."

That question goes to the very crux of the present crisis here at WenRing and if you also are unable to answer the question, then that may very well be bad planning on your part with regards to higher education. Also, as Judge Judy is often fond of saying: "Umm" is not a word.

RE: "The mass amount of ring adaptations that people are receiving, is really no fault of webring."

The obvious nexus doth escape you!

RE: "It’s the responsibility of the ring manager to promote their webrings and get new visitors and try to find ways to keep them active."

Ya think?

RE: "If a webring isn’t and its of no use to people, I can easily see why people would put it up for adoption, though much preferably, it should be deleted."

If you would open your eyes, you will see as the rest of us do, that people are putting their rings up for adoption as a form of protest.

RE: "Webrings that don’t offer new users, new sites, traffic, or even anyone who uses the ring for going next, back, etc… have nothing to offer anyone. Its only a waste of space..."

On the subject of wasted space.....oh well I'll keep that to myself.

contd...

Replied - 10/06/2006
contd...

RE:"In any case, I seriously doubt you are receiving hundreds of emails from people who dislike the new services."

I seriously doubt that the number of people here at webring that like what is happening is greater than those that could fit on the small school bus.

RE:"If they can take time to send you an email, why not have them post it on the general forums where their complaints might actually be heard by webring and serve a purpose.

Because I have no need of controlling/having others and do anything as you suggest.

RE:"In any case, I can’t help but agree with emmajones’s comments."

That sounds like a personal problem and unrelated to the topic of this forum.

"If you are losing every ring or nearly every ring that you manage then that is down to bad planning on your part and you have no-one else to blame except yourself."

You are absolutely right - I did not plan on having to deal with these recent insane changes and any "WebRing Support Groupies" but I will adapt as reason dictates

"Rather than put so much time in crying, ranting, raving, and insulting people on forums…"

The greatest insult here recently at WebRing has been the betrayal of loyal, dedicated, hard-working Ringmanagers. All other insults pale in comparison!

Lazarst

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy