Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

a statement of mixed support: still withholding final judgment - 10/06/2006
While I personally believe that WebRing has sealed the fate of its own demise by its current reorganization, after reading all the details of the new programs, I have decided to participate at level 2. The 75% inc from the featured sites alone (rather than the normal 50%) mean that currently I will make about a nickel more every day than the extra cost of the program.

Plus at Lvl 2 I have 15 months to bring my thousands of webring memberships down to 50 or more.... As &Rea pointed out, I will be removing all sites that produce little or no traffic. The recent Grand Exodus of (Mis)Honored RingMasters actually helps me to decide which sites to keep as dozens of my memberships seem to be deleted daily as a result of WR's most recent decision. If only I could toggle away those annoying notices for WebRing adoptions....

I had to laugh at the first email I received from WebRing about this change, saying how I (we large ring collectors) were so valued by WebRing. As at least one person wrote here, if past passive/aggressive behaviors are how you treat those you value, I pity those you disdain.

And since I am now a Lvl 2 member and get the honor of a personal support person at WebRing, I would like to request &Rea. She appears to be the only WR staff person who speaks straight, with honor, not hiding behind psuedonyms.

Don Ross, aka CampRoss

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy