Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

I'm confused - 10/05/2006
Have you people at WebRing done any market research at all? This would be normal practise before any major change in a business model. I am not aware of any research and do not see the signs of any (nobody I know, including some managers that have been around since the Yahoo days, have been asked anything).

For example, who exactly do you think is going to pay? Many Ring Managers aren't even waiting and have reduced to the 2-5 free membership already. There will be some who will pay to manage more than 2 Rings, but how many? Some simply can't even afford to pay and many don't see the value. And exactly how many non-Ring Managers do you think will pay to join Rings? With free admission to Search Engines like Yahoo and Google and other free sites like MySpace and Wikipedia promoting free services, who exactly will pay for something, which while useful, is nevertheless a minor Internet service? And how will you monitor someone creating multiple IDs so they can freely join more than 5 Rings? If they don't do that, then only larger Rings will survive thousands of people choosing just the most important 5 Rings to join.

I see many, many Rings now up for adoption (and not being given to anybody). The System has been running numerous Rings for many, many months. Does this not directly conflict with the whole idea of promoting Rings, giving them uniqueness and individual navbars, inviting new members... The System does not do these things. It also does not manage quality as all that is checked is that the navbar is present - The System simply cannot monitor quality or even that any particular site has anything at all to do with the subject of the Ring. You don't need market research to see this will quite obviously cause the deterioration and eventual death of many Rings.

Of those that do get adopted, I predict at least half will be adopted by people who will quickly lose interest and those Rings will die.

Having looked at some of the Rings up for adoption, I can see many that will simply never be adopted by anybody- the only person who cared to put in the time to manage them is the person who just gave up because of your actions.

I'm confused. How can you possibly think that charging for managing and joining Rings is in any way a valid business model? It simply is not going to work. Please reconsider now before it is too late.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy