Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 17 - 19 of 19
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Navigation Checker - 07/01/2006
"Admin needs to provide us with answers about why sites are failing as in "dropping like flies". "

If we knew the answer we'd certainly let you know. It appears to be just a cyclical event. It's possible the checker was started discovering sites that should have been failing all along, or that many people are switching providers, revamping sites, etc. and forgetting to move the code when they do.

We'll make an effort to query some of those "leaving" the system to ascertain the reason(s) why.

Replied - 07/01/2006
Ann, many of the sites should have failed long time ago, I had two myself go down recently, but while things were being held up, it is best to leave things alone. I think the yahoo days should be gone for ever, and only websites with active registration should be kept. There are at least another two of these old types on my sites, which will have to go shortly, which I will do.

Replied - 07/01/2006
I usually write the site owner when a re-vamp or move of the site occurs. Some I hear from; some I don't.

I lose a lot of sites this way. Most of the time it is because the owner has gone commercial and wants only links on the site that provides income.

Anne

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy