Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Scam Spam appearing in WebMail - 05/08/2006
Hopefully anyone else who gets the email from the 'Ivory Coast' lady in their email will also delete it (see heading below)?

Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire.
Email :decentmonic1@yahoo.fr

Dearest One,

REQUEST TO BE MY GUARDIAN AND THEN HELP ME THUS:

blah blah blah!

Webring - anyway to filter this stuff out? Probably not, but just thought I'd let you know it's turned up again. :)

Ms_C

Replied - 05/08/2006
Yes, I did! How did they manage to get into our internal network WR?

Replied - 05/08/2006
transit: "How did they manage to get into our internal network WR?"

Im guessing that its related to your WRmail settings. If in your settings you have the checkbox next to "Who can contact me" unchecked, it allows bothe Members and Non-Members to be able to contact you. As is stated on the WRmail settings page; "Uncheck to allow both members and nonmembers to contact you via your profile page. Check for members only." Thus non-members, people without accounts, can message you too. If you have this checked, then im not sure how, but you may want to check this first, as if you dont want spam then you may need to check it so only members can message you. Atleast that way they have to sign up which means WebRing may be able to limit it a bit, just my thoughts :-)

~CE~

Replied - 05/08/2006
this person joined webring.

Anne

Replied - 05/08/2006
decentmonickone2006

this is their userid

I emailed support on this.

Anne

Replied - 05/08/2006
This person did sign up for an account and abused their WRMail privileges for the purposes of spamming. Their account has been disabled since this morning.

We will monitor activity over the next few days to ensure that they do not sign up for another account.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy