Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ring checker working or not? - 03/05/2006
I've noticed lately that the ring checker is returning the site status as pass or fail but it is not suspending the sites even when that funtion is checked.

i wonder how long this has been going on. I saw a low nav score on one of my rings, although none were showing as suspended so I checked it out. 8 sites had failed nav cade and most of the sites were missing.

This is curiouser and curiouser.

Anne

Replied - 03/05/2006
Sorry I'm beat. The site status that should be suspended is FAIL.

Replied - 03/05/2006
It used to be that the checker would suspend sites every night if they failed. However, there were some problems with other servers (GeoCities, Tripod, some blogs, etc) which caused sites to fail erroneously. The WR system has been changed so that sites will only suspend every few days. As noted previously, the WR checker was not working correctly for a few days. Put the two together and you end up with some low nav scores. It should all fix itself shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

WebRing Support

Replied - 03/06/2006
fail erroneously

==============================

Do two negatives make a positive? ;)

M.

Replied - 03/06/2006
Okay, that works and is even nice. It's just that lately a lot of sites have been disappearing and I'm wondering if this is a backlog from the checker not working at all.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy