Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Spoke to soon NEW SPONSORS AT MY RINGS ? - 02/21/2006
I jsut checked some of my rings. I see now. We have the ads up top and now we have ring sponsors, too, taking up member space. It's like the site is a member of the ring.

That is wrong.

Of course money drives everything. And our sites can't be seen without scrolling down either. Hmmmm. At least my ring pages are prettier than the front page to webring.com.

Want to pick up business? Pretty up the index page. People also do not like being bombarded with ads. And one of these days the commercial sector will figure that out.

Anne

Replied - 02/21/2006
RE:"People also do not like being bombarded with ads. And one of these days the commercial sector will figure that out"

And years after the commercial sector becomes enlightened the ad junkies and novice marketers at WebRing will catch right on.

I pay to have ads suppressed on a few of my webrings and have no less than fourteen (14) WebRing ads currently being displayed in those rings. (Don't forget to count the ads on the bottom of those hub pages) For those rings not suppressing ads there are no less than eighteen WebRing ads being displayed!

In some ca$e$ the ad$ are in direct contradi$tinction to the theme of the ring$ and in even more ca$e$ are in direct competition with the ringmanager'$ promo ad$.

Tom Sawyer would of been proud of what WebRing has accomplished by way of getting so many unpaid people to manage webrings for their advertising.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom!

Best regards,
Lazarst

Replied - 02/26/2006
lazarst, if you read a post below, (it links to the ringmasters ring) you will see why there ar esponsor ads appearing on hub pages.

Apparently if thye feel you have neglected your rings, then you get a sponsors ad.

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy