Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

NEW SPONSORS AT MY RINGS ? What is this ? - 02/20/2006
FACTS :
I've been managing 6 rings since 2004.
None of them had a sponsor before.
Since yesterday, two of them are listing one sponsor site each.
The rings are: http://r.webring.com/hub?ring=alternativearts and http://a.webring.com/hub?ring=kidillo.
QUESTIONS
Who put them there?
Is there someone else besides me controlling my rings, approving new sites to be listed at the ring?
Is it fair that someone else decides which sites should be sponsors at my rings? Without my knowledge?
Those sponsor sites are not members of the ring. What if they don't match the requirements to be on the ring? Those requirements are imposed to any other members except sponsors?
If so, why wasn't I informed about it?
Is it just on those two rings? Didnít saw any situation like this, except at adoptable rings.
Is there any page at Webring where we can get tips about this?
Who earns with the charges from those sponsors? I'm paying to have ads suppressed

Replied - 02/21/2006
I'm not crazy about this either, but it's better than ringsurf. They have 4 to 5 ads on each ring page. You can't even see the member sites unless you scroll down.

It would be nice if they talked to us like we were people. Most of us have some good ideas and are fairly responsible managers. If I see an ad that shouldn't be there, I will say something. They may not listen, but it will be said.

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy