Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Late Notices Regarding Ring Adoptions - 01/26/2006
Anyone else getting notices of rings up for adoption hours after they have been adopted out?

I am being notified, via WebRing e-mail, about rings being put up for adoption two (2) hours after they have been adopted. (See below)

"Announcing New RingMaster system email Sent: 01/26/2006 08:01:02
Thank you for your interest in becoming RingMaster of NetHealth. The system has chosen spiritandsouluk as the new RingMaster."

"You are invited to takeover management of the WebRing: "NetHealth" system email Sent: 01/26/2006 10:04:52

The Manager of NetHealth, spiritandsouluk, invites you to assume the responsiblity of Ring Manager."

(Notice the times}

Lazarst

Replied - 01/26/2006
Ref. messages (4398, 4399, 4400) about similar issue. Invitation to adopt, no 'adoptable' link, no notice Ring adopted, no explanation or answer to my questions. See if someone responds to you. :)

Ms_C

Replied - 01/27/2006
Maybe the RM that was assigned that Ring decided they didn't really want it after all? Sounds plausible to me and would explain the time difference.

M.

Replied - 01/27/2006
Yahoo recently advised that its messages were being delivered late and out of sequences because of a severe system load caused by recent viruses (including the My Wife virus) and that the problem would continue until they could complete work to rectify the problem (e.g., adding servers).

James S. Huggins

to contact me:
http://www.JamesSHuggins.com/webring-email

Replied - 01/27/2006
Surprised.
Excuse my ignorance.
How exactly is Yahoo related to "ring adoptions"? Or to WebRing ?.
I've notice a recently, strong and sudently decrease of link popularity (in Yahoo links), of the page I'm using to manage webrings.
Is this somehow related ??

Replied - 01/27/2006
What I am getting is; I have applied to adopt rings, then about 2 or 3 weeks later, I get a message from webring saying that if I would like to adopt this ring, please got to the hub page to adopt! So I do it again! Altough, I have already done it!

Replied - 01/29/2006
= = = = = = = = = =
Surprised.
Excuse my ignorance.
How exactly is Yahoo related to "ring adoptions"? Or to WebRing ?.
I've notice a recently, strong and sudently decrease of link popularity (in Yahoo links), of the page I'm using to manage webrings.
Is this somehow related ??
== = = = = = = = =

Sorry. I missed the reply to my earlier post until someone just pointed it out to me.

I mentioned Yahoo because they had sent out a bulletin about the problem. Given the problem (that virus that was loading their servers) I was just noting that whatever problem was affecting them might also affect WebRing.com

James S. Huggins

to contact me
http://JamesSHuggins.com/webring-email

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy