Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A comment about Hidden Ring Code - 01/28/2006
WEbRing used to check for fragments or so I thought. And for one way sites. But I have discovered several sites with one way code that webring hasn't caught and I won't let them join until it is fixed.

Does anyone know anything about this?

If it seems that I spent a lot of time searching her code, it is because that was dishonest. If she doesn't like yahoo anymore, she should just leave.

The advertisement only works if it is two-way.

Anne

Replied - 01/28/2006
Thank you for the post.

I noticed she is in one of my webrings. However, in looking at her page (a) the stack shows, and (b) the code does not seem hidden.

I would appreciate whatever additional information you could provide that might help me to understand "hidden".

Regarding "one way" designations, my prior understanding was that that was not an automated function, but a manual one. But I may be getting that wrong.

James S. Huggins

to contact me:
http://www.JamesSHuggins.com/webring-email

Replied - 01/28/2006
Then perhaps my computer will not pick up the modified ring code, because it has definitely been modified.

Some of the rings (not many) had a the beginning of the ring code. many just had the tags as shown.

I couldn't find a webring bar on any page. All I see are graphics or ringsurg rings.

Anne

Replied - 01/28/2006
I just double checked other members in the first ring I checked. Their nav bar shows on their page but hers does not. No stack or anything for webring appears. Perhaps this is browser specific. I doubt it. I do not know why yours shows. She has changed her ring code and perhaps that has an effect. I refuse to beleive that my computer is the only one affected by the change in code.

I would love to hear from others on whether or not her nav stack shows on their computer. I've double checked my settings and even experimented.

Anne

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy