Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Automatically Unfeatured Sites - 01/12/2006
Dear WebRing,

It appears that the rings that are being effected are those where the ringmanager has selected to track featured sites. If a site is being featured and is not paying then it is unfeatured if the ringmanager has chosen to track featured sites. Have you made changes to the program or script that tracks featured sites?

Here is another ring of mine that was being effected - http://j.webring.com/hub?ring=tvbm
I have now selected to not track feature sites in this ring and we will see if this solves the problem.

Best regards,
Lazarst

Replied - 01/13/2006
I am having the same problem. When I use the track feature, sites that don't have funds available are being removed. It's really getting annoying. MonaLS

Replied - 01/13/2006
monals,

Have you tried to rearrange the sites in any of your rings lately? Ringmanagers are losing any and all control over their rings! WebRing seems to want to micromanage everything! They don't want ringmanagers per se just someone to report on all the bugs that they create when they try to control everything. We are not ringmanagers just reporters.

Best regards,
Lazarst

Replied - 01/13/2006
that is the 'new reality' - if a site has no credit, it can not be featured unless you change to 'do not track featured sites'. Ringmasters can no longer feature their own sites for free either. You can put a non-paying (ie. with no credit) site in only if they don't 'ask' to be featured - e.g. you just choose to feature them. Either way works.

To find out about this change, you'd have to scroll back about 3 months' worth of messages (November 2005).

Ms_C

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy