Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 10 of 10
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Unable to create a new web ring - 01/10/2006
There is no need to recheck everything.

Permit me to elaborate on the two postings from WebRing Support.

Go to the "Your Ring Memberships" page.

Once there, right under "Your Ring Sites", you will see options to sort by title (up or down), Pending, Suspended and Failing.

Click on Failing.

Any memberships that are "Active" ONLY, and are not "Active/Pass" will cause you hiccups and prevent creating new webrings. Sometimes, you can solve this by going to that membership and manually retesting the membership.

If the webring no longer exists and erroneously appears in your "list", it can be more of a problem. Support must then get involved to correct this. In addition, if you own a large number of webrings (like I do), Support may not be able to easily correct this.

When that happens, you will end up with a problem that you cannot resolve and that they cannot easily resolve which will effectively ban you from using that particular ID from creating any new webrings. This will then require you to create and use a new ID for such purposes.

WebRing Support also wrote:
On a different note, you have at least 2 Rings in that ID that have less than 3 members. You need to bring those up to at least 3 members before you'll be able to create a new Ring.

I probably misunderstand. My understanding was that "3 members" is not enough and that you must have 4 members. But I am probably wrong on that.

Either way, if you own a large number of webrings you must check each one individually. There is no way to sort the list of webrings you own by the number of members. (Nor is there a way to sort the list by navigation rating, number of suspended members, number of "on hold" members or ring promotion settings.) While certainly not critical features, I believe that such additional features would facilitate improved management.

CE wrote (and Transit agreed)
Why would you even need 1190 memberships in other Rings?

I believe, personally, that need is the wrong word. Why would you need a membership in even one ring? I'm personally unpersuaded that "need" and "webring" are related.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 01/11/2006
CE,

RE:"1190? Why would you even need 1190 memberships in other Rings?

Gee, maybe to increase traffic to their website! Maybe cuz they like webrings! Maybe their just nuts about webrings! Maybe 492 is not their favorite number! Maybe they never heard anyone pontificate on their idea of how many webring memberships one should restrict themselves to.

Why would you even need to ask:"Why would you even need 1190 memberships in other Rings?" ?

Lazarst

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy