Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ring Adoption Process? - 12/26/2005
On Dec. 25th I received a notice in my WebRing email that: "1guestbook is being put up for adoption" Today I went to apply for the adoption of this ring and it appears to already have been adopted out as the ring no longer displays the "adoption" link to the application.

The ring has 230 site members.

Was this ring adoption not subject to normal adoption procedures? or was it never up for adoption and the notice I received just another bug in the System?

Lazarst

Replied - 12/27/2005
What I have found over the last two days, which may in some way be related to your problem you are having is that - http://f.webring.com/mbr - is not working (it just sits there for ages and the procees bar very slowly moves across the screen).

I have had to go through another route to get into the webring system. Thinking back, I have notice this before, but it cleared itself after a time, and thought nothing more of it.

Replied - 12/27/2005
Did you check the e-mails details to see when it was originally sent? These things can arrive months after the date sent, I've missed adoptions too for the same reason.

Replied - 12/27/2005
dawn_fright,

The email was sent on Dec 25th.

Best regards,
Lazarst

Replied - 12/28/2005
In very special cases such as an extended illness or natural disasters, WR has someone that will look after specific Rings in the system without putting them in system accounts. There were a few Rings that were missed. We messed up and unfortunately some of the Rings we were supposed to be taking care of went up for adoption. We gave them back to their original owners.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

WebRing Support

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy