Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

E-mail from members. - 11/25/2005
Why is it when we recieve e-mail from the a member of a ring that it sends it to us from a webring server that we can not respond to???? Seems lame. Everytime I have to log into that ring then go find them and write back that way. Well I decided I am not or don't really have the time to do that anymore. Plus most the time I could just respond and answer the question directly. So I will just hit reply and send. It may go to no-one but at leat untill you fix it,,, I can say I tired. It should be a pretty simple thing to fix. I am sure as always this is again the wrong place to say this none the less at least I said it. I don't have time to hunt or join new forums.

cheers.

Replied - 11/25/2005
Maybe its because a lot of users, such as myself, dont like to share our email address witht he world due to spam, viruses and the such. If you used WRmail you would be provided with a REPLY link to directly reply to the user, but then again i guess not everyone uses the easy way!

~CE~

Replied - 11/27/2005
Yes, I agree this is a problem. One should be able to click REPLY and respond to the person. I wind up having to look up the user's number and contact via the registered e-mail address with the ring. I am also forced to insert that future communications should be sent to "X" top assure I get the message and am able to respond.

At the least the message might include the user's registered e-mail address within the message text as an addendum as linked to the UID.

DMK

Replied - 11/28/2005
dkirkbost: "At the least the message might include the user's registered e-mail address within the message text as an addendum as linked to the UID."

At my point of view this would violate peoples choice to privacy. Besides where necessary i try to keep my emails private as it limits spam/etc.. If WebRing was to follow your idea then everyone i communicate with on WebRing would have access to ym email, thus sooner or later it woudl once again fall intot he hands of Spammers, thus it wouldnt be verry productive towards an anti-spam view!

~CE~

Replied - 12/11/2005
Re:
If you used WRmail you would be provided with a REPLY link to directly reply to the user, but then again i guess not everyone uses the easy way!

...The easy way is to respond to it from my own mail box where it goes to, where I am already logged into, on my computer. That is the easy(ier) way.

Paul

Replied - 12/11/2005
At my point of view this would violate peoples choice to privacy. Besides where necessary i try to keep my emails private as it limits spam/etc.. ....

Well then the best I can say is, don't write me and ask how to fix your ring problems without sending a responsible return contact in your message. Because I am not going hunting for people who contact me for help just becuase they might think they would get spam from someone they solicited helpful information from on their site. Really lamer meets lamerer...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy