Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
WebRing Managers Community - Untitled document One of the original and largest Ring Manager rings, promoting individual WebRings since 1998

Forums     Login   Signup

WebRing Managers Community

Manager: wrug
WebRing Managers WebRing presents the WebRing Managers Forum, a place for WebRing Managers to discuss ideas, ethics, tactics, etc. This Forum is for WebRing discussion only and is closely moderated.

Sponsored Links

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE PARTICIPATING
A Note on Pendings
  For those processing new submissions we'd like to offer these reminders/bit
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 13 of 13
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

www.webringworld.org/ - 11/20/2005
emmajones,

RE: "I'll give that some thought. From what I've read different angles of this issue have been raised already (Nearly all Anti SSNB so lazarst can represent the defence)"

At last count it was (89) anti-SSNB AND (227) pro-SSNB posts here in this forum since I started keeping track. So it appears that the SSNB "lovers" are in the majority here.

One would think that those "alternate services" would be going "great guns" if your perception of the popularity of SSNB were correct.

Best regards,
Lazarst (Noted Author of the soon to be released 7 Volume series entitled: "Where Would We Be Without SSNB?")

Replied - 11/20/2005
Well as I have already said for the time being we will have to agree to differ on this one.

Are you sure though that WebRing could be popular solely because of SSNB? Or could there be other factors?

Do your 600 page article by all means I would love to read it.

Replied - 11/20/2005
emmajones,

RE: "Are you sure though that WebRing could be popular solely because of SSNB? Or could there be other factors?

I believe there are other factors that, to a lesser extent, make WebRing more popular than the alternatives ?

I don't know how in the world a person could conclude, given the obvious, that there are more anti-SSNB ringmasters than there are pro-SSNB ringmasters. That is akin to asserting that there are more sites with HTML code than SSNB. Both are equally untrue. As you have observed here in this forum - there are always more that will give voice to their dissatisfaction with a given feature then will give voice to their satisfaction.

Nothing wrong with being in the minority!

Best regards,
Lazarst

Replied - 11/20/2005
Nothing wrong with being in the minority at all, I agree. But how many of these apparently "pro SSNB" ringmasters are really "pro SSNB?" Could it be that a lot have not really known or experienced anything else? Would they continue to support SSNB if there was a viable alternative on offer?

I came along after Yahoo so I am not one of those who is thinking of the "Good Old Days" I have worked the system as best I can from different angles. Different rings using different tactics etc and I actually like the idea of a java script nav bar that can be updated. Its just the stacking issues that I see as a major handicap and I really think its time for WebRing to consider introducing something else, that could quite easily run alongside SSNB and HTML.

WebRings inventiveness and creativeness could be another factor why they are so popular compared to the competition. Look at the way they have invented a new way of ensuring ringmasters log in every day. Just de-activate promotional banners so we have to log in to re-set them first thing every morning. Who else would have thought up something as simple as that?

Replied - 11/20/2005
emmajones,

RE: "Nothing wrong with being in the minority at all, I agree. But how many of these apparently "pro SSNB" ringmasters are really "pro SSNB?"

My best guess would me "2"

RE: "Could it be that a lot have not really known or experienced anything else? Would they continue to support SSNB if there was a viable alternative on offer?

The question is rather: How many of those "seemingly" anti-SSNB advocates would even waste their time considering any alternatve to SSNB if they were clever enough to realize the superior benefits? OR Could it be that a lot have not really realized or experienced the superior benefits of SSNB? You see - it's all in how you phrase the question. :-] - OR is it?

Some webmasters, believe it or not, actually create a website with a view to it being seen by more than a handful of people - and for those - there is God's gift to webmasters - otherwise known as SSNB.

Best regards,
Lazarst

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy